Today in congress, 2 House bills, 1 House resolution, and 1 Senate bill are being discussed:
H.R.3351 – Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, 2020 – Making appropriations for financial services and general government for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, and for other purposes.
This bill provides FY2020 appropriations for several federal departments and agencies, including
- the Department of the Treasury,
- the Executive Office of the President,
- the judiciary,
- the District of Columbia, and
- several independent agencies
H.R.3055 – Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2020 – Making appropriations for the Departments of Commerce and Justice, Science, and Related Agencies for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, and for other purposes.
The bill provides appropriations to the Department of Commerce for
- the International Trade Administration,
- the Bureau of Industry and Security,
- the Economic Development Administration,
- the Minority Business Development Agency,
- Economic and Statistical Analysis,
- the Bureau of the Census,
- the National Telecommunications and Information Administration,
- the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office,
- the National Institute of Standards and Technology,
- the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and
- Departmental Management.
The bill provides appropriations to DOJ for
- General Administration;
- the U.S. Parole Commission;
- Legal Activities;
- the U.S. Marshals Service;
- the National Security Division;
- Interagency Law Enforcement;
- the Federal Bureau of Investigation;
- the Drug Enforcement Administration;
- the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives; and
- the Federal Prison System.
The bill also provides appropriations to DOJ for State and State and Local Law Enforcement Activities, including
- the Office on Violence Against Women,
- the Office of Justice Programs, and
- Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS).
H.Res.460 – Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2722) to protect elections for public office by providing financial support and enhanced security for the infrastructure used to carry out such elections, and for other purposes; waiving a requirement of clause 6(a) of rule XIII with respect to consideration of certain resolutions reported from the Committee on Rules; and providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3351) making appropriations for financial services and general government for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, and for other purposes.
S.1790 – National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020 – To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2020 for military activities of the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes.
Tweets from Congress Today:
Rep. Ami Bera (D): “The House just passed an appropriations bill, HR 3351, that included THREE of my amendments. These amendment provide increased support to families in #CA07 and across the country.”
Rep. John P. Sarbanes (D): “H.R. 3055, an appropriations bill, would help communities tackle the opioid crisis, improve affordable housing, invest in highways, airports, bridges, railways and seaports, enhance public safety and help hardworking families put food on the table.”
Rep. Jennifer Wexton (D): “PASSED: H.R. 3055 which includes my amendment in support of the remote tower pilot program at the Leesburg Airport has just passed the House!”
Sen. Ted Cruz (R): “Yesterday I filed an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that begins process forcing #Iran to pay for the U.S. drone they shot down, using frozen Iranian funds.”
Information on bills, resolutions taken from www.congress.gov
4PIA is the place to get updates on Congress